Monday 25 May 2009

The Happening




Elliot Moore is a science teacher. One day, he questions his students why bees disappeared all of a sudden in some areas. At the same time, strange things start to happen in crowded areas like parks, streets, etc. It makes Elliot, his wife Alma, his friend and his firend's daughter to leave the city. Then that horrible thing keep spreading out almost everywhere they are going. Could they survive through this?

This movie is quite disappointing. Elliot is always frowning and so is Alma. Like they don't really know how to act in such situation. And the incidence that panicked everyone is like a myth till the end. Anyway, it is just a movie when you want to kill some time.

Quotes I love

Elliot: Come on, buddy. Take an interest in science. What could be a reason the bees have vanished?
Jake: An act of nature and we'll never fully understand it.
Elliot: Nice answer, Jake.

Elliot(to a plant inside the home): Hello?
Elliot: My name is Elliot Moore. I'm just going to talk in a very positive manner. Giving off good vibes.
Elliot: We're just here to use the bathroom and then we're just gonna leave.
Elliot: I hope that's okay.
Elliot: Plastic.
Elliot: I'm talking to a plastic plant.
Elliot: I'm still doing it.

Alma: Mrs. Jones, something's happened along the East Coast.
Mrs. Jones: Whatever it is that you think is so important that you need to tell me, don't.
Mrs. Jones: Just keep it to yourself.

Mrs. Jones: The world don't care about me. I don't care about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment